IKEA'S TV SHOW LIVING ROOM RECREATIONS // CREATIVITY // 7 C's

Ikea, my favourite furniture store of them all, has completely topped the creativity game in the market with their new campaign 'Real Life' in which they have recreated three iconic television living room sets using only their own products; the living-rooms recreated are from the popular shows 'The Simpsons', 'Friends' and 'Stranger Things'. Ikea claim to be at the centre of the family, which is why they picked the living-rooms of the most iconic and beloved families on television, so iconic that we can instantly recognise the setting at first glance. Being almost spot-on with their recreations, Ikea have utterly impressed me and I was obsessed with the idea as soon as I saw it on my Instagram feed. In my opinion this is something that is simply innovative, especially for a furniture brand that is often seen as simplistic and basic. They have amazed thousands of fans out there with this imaginative and disruptive idea.

Why do I like this idea so much? For me, the surrealness of the Simpsons living room recreation that really got me instantly engaged because of course the show itself is cartoon, and I have grown up seeing it on my television every single week; to see the setting in the form of real life imagery felt bizarre and extremely cool, almost like a childhood dream come true. To be there in real life would be another kind of experience. 


"We brought to life the iconic living rooms of the most beloved families of all times, through tons of furniture combinations in lots of different styles and sizes — and at affordable prices."












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE SEXUALISATION OF FRAGRANCE ADVERTISEMENT

A TED TALK: HOW FASHION CAN BE A MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH

FYRE FESTIVAL: THE MONSTROUS POWER OF FALSE-ADVERTISEMENT AND SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCERS